First 5 Yuba CARES Project
(Comprehensive Approaches to Raising Educational Standards)
For Licensed Family Child Care Owners, Family Child Care Assistants,
Licensed and Licensed-Exempt Center Based Providers
The CARES Project is a program for early care and education providers funded through First 5 Yuba Commission with matching funds from First 5 California for Family Child Care and Center Based providers working in Yuba County. The Child Care Planning Council of Yuba & Sutter Counties is the lead agency for the project.
- Licensed or licensed exempt Family Child Care providers/assistants or center based staff;
- Provided care for nine months, prior to July 1, 2005 with the same program;
- Provides care for children ages 0-5 a minimum of 15 hours each week;
- Four Eligable Tracks:
- Track 1 - Family, Friend, and Neighbor (Licensed-Exempt)
- Track 2 - Entry
- No units required for family child care or center providers;
- Track 3 - Permit
- Track 4 - Degree
- Minimum of an AA degree in ECE/CD
For more information, please call Rebecca Canada, Project Specialist, at 749-3276, ext. 103.
- Unit Based Incentive, up to $350 per unit per semester, up to a maximum of $2,800 per year;
- Workshop/Training Incentives, maximum $200 per year (2-4 hour workshop = $25, 5-8 hour workshop = $50)
Please note: Potential participants must schedule an appointment with the Project Specialist in order to receive the application. Applications will not be mailed. Enrollment and Unit Based Incentives are based on education the participant has already completed.